1) Stuttering is not a sickness.
2) Focus on strategies to manage stuttering, but don’t try to eliminate it!
People who stutter need a safe space where they can stutter freely. Trying to avoid it altogether just causes more stress and anxiety. I could seriously write an entire blog post on this topic alone!
3) Be empathetic to the emotional component that stuttering brings.
4) We are not nervous people!
5) Sometimes we have good days, sometimes we have bad days.
Did you like this post? Subscribe to email updates to learn about new posts, exclusive freebies, and product discounts.